Have you ever thought, “Professional pictures aren’t for me?” Well I’m here to tell you that you’re absolutely right…they aren’t for you!
Many times people put off getting professional photos by claiming that photos aren’t their thing, or that they want to lose a few more pounds before they take photos.
You’re not alone. These and many other reasons have been used time and time again for not taking yearly family photos. I’m going to list a few reasons why you should take professional family photos despite it not being “your thing”.
1. People love you they way you are TODAY! I myself have put off taking photos for the pure reason of not looking how I wish I looked. Yeah, I wish I was as hard as The Rock…but let’s face it, I love tacos too much! It’s a harsh truth, but no one cares how you look. Your loved ones love you whether you’re ten pounds lighter or not. Not to mention…don’t let that zit get in the way of your family photos. Skilled photographers (at least the good ones) will take off any blemish you may have without making you look like a plastic doll. Please confirm this however, by looking at their work prior to booking.
2. This is the perfect time of year to take family photos. The holiday season is when siblings and other family members come from all over the world to visit with one another. Bobby and Sue come home from their college holiday break. Brenda, her husband, and their new baby bundle of joy come back to Texas from Nebraska. Why not take this opportunity to have a specialized session? And we’re not talking about the same old boring photos of years past, today’s photos are fun filled and exude our personalities.
3. Let’s face it…your family is gorgeous! Family photos make the BEST in home and office décor. Why do you think beautiful people’s photos are in every frame for sale at your local Michael’s? It’s because it works…because beauty sells. Why not fill your home or office with photos of your attractive family members?
4. Memories are very powerful! No one ever sets out to capture the bad times. It’s in the good times that people always pick up their phone to take snapshots. This is because memories of those good times are what carries us through the bad times. Yes, there will be bad times, but the more good times you captured, the easier those times will be. Plus, looking at past family photos helps you reminisce and remember that everything will be all right.
5. Growth! Your family will never again be as it is today. The members of your family are changing by the day. They grow an inch or two a year. Hairstyles change, the facial hair, height, etc. Making it a point to take yearly photos helps you capture that constant change we don’t notice on a day-to-day basis. Next thing you know, the kids are all grown up and headed to college.
6. Our photos tell us what’s important to us. Isn’t that a precious message to send to your family? “You are important to me.” We are so easily caught up in everyday life, chasing our dreams that we should at least stop once a year to capture that which is most important to us…our families. So this year, I urge you to forgo that iPhone 7 or the latest Samsung smart phone and focus your energy on what matters most. Even if you’re single, you have a family. And don’t forget, our furry four legged friends make some of the most adorable family portraits.
I mentioned in the beginning that professional photos were not for you, and I still stand by my statement! Professional photos are for those closest to us. Whether immediate family members or members of our extended families, everyone will appreciate and love photos of your family.
Have a great holiday season!!!
A huge thank you to the Haley family for allowing me to be a part of their memories!!!